SYNOVUS FINANCIAL, Columbus, GA
11/2017 – Current
IT Director – FMS Applications
- Partner with the CIO, CTO, business unit leaders, external partners and suppliers to leverage technology to enhance business operations.
- Implement business system plans; direct the development, release, and maintenance of company business application and process control systems.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors, industry consultants, and senior company management to define service levels.
- Lead strategic decisions regarding the assigned IT function. Lead teams that implement and manage those initiatives within assigned area with complete autonomy and accountability for results.
- Stay abreast of industry, regulatory and company changes or trends as it relates to financial services, information management, information security, technological standards and trends, and IT efficiencies; proactively assess the present and future impact to the enterprise and supported business units is conducted; work with key stakeholders to develop and execute a business contingency plan that provides for prompt, efficient and seamless responses, to include strong communication and action plans that assures the company remains in compliance.
- Promote ethics and compliance; ensure enterprise leaders receive the communication and instruction needed to act in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Oversee the functional activities of the Financial Management System functions. Create teams for facilitating effective communication of available skills, information, and knowledge throughout the enterprise. Analyze enterprise program requirements and anticipate staffing resources needed to meet objectives. Provide leadership, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems. Acquiring and developing talent.
CAN CAPITAL, Kennesaw, GA
12/2015 – 07/2017
Vice President – Enterprise Application Development & Engineering
- Leads and supervises team of ~35 FTE + 10-20 vendor staff aug resources, consisting of multiple enterprise application development, engineering, and support teams (on-shore, near-shore, and offshore), securing timely and quality creation of financial service solutions for small businesses
- Supervises the development of software standards, including security-focused coding and configuration, in line with enterprise architecture standards.
- Manages and ensures maintenance of systems and applications in multiple physical and virtual environments for Linux, Citrix, Oracle, and Windows, both on-prem and cloud (AWS and Azure) based solutions.
- Administrator and architect of the Amazon Web Service infrastructure for web and DR/Backup setup for the company. AWS Administration for the following products: EC2, IAM, Elastic load balancing, S3 storage, RDS, Elasticache, SNS.
- Hands-On development and engineering as needed throughout the application and web platforms in multiple next-gen languages. Primary languages include VB.Net, C#, SQL, PHP, JS, XML, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Manages development resources, ensuring high performance in a variety of software languages and repositories.
- Manage the support team for all enterprise applications, including VOIP telephony, Collections, Risk, and Oracle Finance systems
- Azure administration for hot, warm, and cold backup storage and DR. Rubrik used for transfer of the data to the cloud.
- Performance tools used: New Relic monitoring, Solarwinds, VMWare performance monitoring for up time and service performance. Splunk used for logging audit and event monitoring.
- Accounting system administration performed in Oracle Fusion Cloud.
- Additional front-end development and deployment through Mendix RAD cloud platform.
- Supporting legacy web development and deployment systems using Github repo, and CircleCI, Docker, and Heroku for deployment and hosting of Ruby on Rails / AngularJs web applications.
- Administered Google Tag Manager and analytics suite for website performance and metrics, with Optimizely as the A/B testing applications. Web integrated with Marketo for cloud direct marketing campaign creation and maintenance.
SYNOVUS FINANCIAL, Columbus, GA
05/2013 – 12/2015
Senior IT Manager – Production Application Engineering & Support, 12/ 2014 – 12/2015
- Led a core team of engineers and analysts, ensuring ongoing operational support to 60+ enterprise applications, including 185 production servers approximately. Core applications such as Salesforce, Kofax Capture, Empower.Net, FiServ FIS, ServiceNow, Synergy, Vasco, and various other retail and commercial platforms.
- Hands-on engineering when needed throughout the application stack.
- Ensured readiness of applications for all IT verticals, from eChannel services, to audit and compliance.
- Leveraged effective monitoring and testing solutions for troubleshooting processes, including Solarwinds Orion, Dynatrace, Splunk, SOAPUI, and AppDynamics.
- Led technical installation / implementation of AppDynamics platform across the enterprise for management by Dev Ops team.
- Streamlined the migration process of code packages from development to production, by developing release management procedures from scratch.
- Akamai Cloud Security certified, managed platform application integrations, while working with infrastructure team for network and server security architecture.
- Ensured ongoing maintenance and update of company’s mobile applications for Apple and Google Play stores.
- Partnered with vertical owners, network operations, enterprise architecture and infrastructure, and information security, ensuring alignment with system and support requirements.
- Established ongoing training and development of teams to further increase performance and productivity.
IT Manager – Development & Engineering, 05/ 2013 – 12/2014
- Managed, controlled and ensured successful development and implementation of technical solutions for Commercial and Retail eChannel lines of business, to include web and mobile application development
- Supervised component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing of applications.
- Advised on information systems’ specifications to meet defined business needs and to ensure compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures.
- Manage systems and applications in multiple environments for Linux, Citrix, and Windows 2003-2008 R2.
- Managed and hands-on development, in multiple mobile platforms for iOS, Android, and Windows mobile. Served as peer reviewer for reviewer for development code prior to release.
- Hands on engineering and SME of the FiServ Corillian and Mobility platforms used for Online banking platform
CICERO INC., Cary, NC
09/2010 – 05/2013
Implementation Manager / Lead Architect
- Managed Call Center Optimization through application integration solutions for interactions including workflow, call scripting, analytics, computer telephony integration, and single sign on. Integrations with Avaya Dialer platforms.
- Managed integrations and data mapping in both mainframe and PC environments, working in a variety of environments and languages.
- Undertook and successfully carried out contract negotiations and budgeting, working closely with the Executive team to create documentation for new and existing implementations.
- Assumed responsibility for billing planning for new clients, as well as Project Change pricing – Expense planning for travel, while on client site Project management.
- Developed a Master Project Plan for monitoring resources, managing client relationship and ensuring successful implementation throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Leveraged requirements gathering & development, acting as solution architect and technical analyst for the client business and technical design.
- Hands-on development for in Windows and Linux platforms, depending on the solution selected by the client, in various code languages, such as ASP.Net, C#, Java, SQL, and Oracle.
- Provided expertise for the development and code implementation of the finalized solution.
TSYS INC., Columbus, GA
06/1997 – 09/2010
During almost 14-year tenure at TSYS, held various roles throughout the business, to include from newest to oldest:
- Lead .Net Developer – Distributed Technologies: Worked closely with client teams and product architects, to accurately define and develop solutions and products in an ASP.Net/C# environment. Supervised and guided development and business teams, ensuring alignment with coding standards.
- Lead Business Analyst – Distributed Technologies: Gathering and documenting business requirements for software front-end platform changes in .Net environment.
- Technical Manager – Technical Consulting: TS2 consulting for multiple TSYS clients for all platform functionality.
- Associate Programming Manager – AdHoc Programming: Managing a team of 3-5 AdHoc programmer analysts.
- AdHoc Programmer – TS2 Platform: As needed maintenance programming and reporting for all TSYS clients on the TS2 platform.
- Sr. Client Representative – TS2 Customer Service: Client support of multiple enterprise clients for services used on the TS2 platform.
- Sr. Business Analyst – TS2 Customer Service and Correspondence: Gathering and documenting business requirements for TS2 platform changes
- Mainframe Programmer Analyst – TS2 UCS Card Services: COBOL, IMS, and DB2 programming
WACHOVIA BANK, Licensed Financial Specialist
10/2006 – 10/2007
- Carrying all licenses (Series 6, 63, insurance, mortgage, and bank product), responsible for sales of client investments, insurance products, mortgages, commercial lending, and daily banking products.
COLUMBUS STATE UNIVERSITY, Associate Professor
10/2006 – 10/2007
Teaching Macroeconomics and Technical Applications of Business Decision Making in domestic and global markets.
Educated and trained in both technical and management concentrations, to better manage IT professionals.